Can there really be anything more delicous than warm baked bread on a Sunday evening?
Here’s an easy recipe that never flops for me.
Makes 1 large loaf
10g sachet instant yeast
240g (500ml) Cake Flour
375ml Luke warm water
502ml sunflower oil
5 ml salt
120g (250ml) extra cake flour (approximate amount)
1. Generously grease on 28cm loaf tin
2. Place the yeast and the first measure of flour into a mixing bowl or th ebowl of electric mixer fitted with the dough hook. Add all the remaining ingredients – except the extra flour – an mix well
3. Gradually add enough of the extra flour to form a soft dough. Knead for 4-5 minuts (with the mixer), or turn out onto a floured surface adn kneed by hand for about 5 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Sprinkle the dough lightly with flour and shape into a neat ball. Return the dough to the bowl, cover and set aside in a warm spot to rise for about 40 minuts, until doubled in bulk.
4. Punch down the dough, shape neatly and place into the prepared tin. Set aside, uncovered, until doubled again in bulk. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 170C.
5. Bake for about 45 minutes, until the loaf sounds hollow when tapped, and the crust is golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin, then cool on a wire rack.