Who would have though I would come to hate email? Both sending and receiving the pieces of electronic nuisances.
But I do, except for ones from a few favourite people. Who may or may not read this blog post
Anyway, what I hate most is forwarded email with angels, cute babies and stuff. OMW! Who has time to look at that crap.
I do enjoy short jokes sparingly sent, but my friends know that already. Because I begged them to stop!
This post is brought on by the dreaded office/business email though.
I currently have over 700 unread emails in my work inbox. So the irritation level rises quite high when I receive:
1. The ‘thank you, Abi” email after completing a request. The sentiment is great, but unnecessary. Thank me in person next time our paths cross. Especially made worse when I’m on leave. I dont even bother opening those.
2. When a colleague makes an appointment via email. I reply to confirm, only to receive another email about the meeting not five minutes later. Hello…see me when you see me!
3. Email cc’d to me Just Because. Argghh if its not addressed to me, I’m not interested.
I can easily fill 7.5 hours a day with my own work for goodness sake!
4. Instructions emailed in the subject line with nothing in the body of the message. OMW! Like chalk on a blackboard to me.
5. Spelling my name wrong. In the subject line! By the same person in 4 above. Hello! My name is in the email freaking address. Check the To: line.
6. Not to mention forwarded competitions to win a blackberry nokia GHD or whatever. Still. WTF, has anyone ever heard of someone getting a free anything resulting from those emails? Other than more spam.
Sjoe! Glad I got that off my chest!