At heart I am a romantic. Not in the flowers and chocolate sense, but in the way I view the world “marked by the imaginative or emotional appeal of what is heroic, adventurous, remote, mysterious, or idealised” (Mirriam Webster Dictionary)
I grew up on the Cape Flats and now live the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town - within 3 kilometres of our first home when I was born and about 6 kilometres from where I grew up.
I love writing which helps because I’m not all that good at expressing myself verbally.
I love the life I created for myself, and I love living in South Africa, although a part of my heart is also in Melbourne Australia. If I could, I would live part-time in both countries.
I have an innate curiosity, which is partly cured by ongoing UNISA studies, hopefully for the rest of my life.
My greatest ambition is to win the Lotto.
I am greatly entertained by:
- life in general
- my family, friends and sometimes colleagues
- stories: listening to people, books and movies
- politics – but not politicians
- social media: blogging and Twitter right now. Facebook gets on my last nerve sometimes, but it has its uses too.
- soapies: mostly 7de Laan, but occasionally, Generations.
- online word games like Scrabble and Lexulous
- Khaya Dlanga
- Marc Lottering
I like to think I am honest and straight forward and I don’t take myself too seriously. I like being around people who are similar.